Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Sorry Letter!


The other day, Kent was trying to tell us a story and Caroline, was deliberately yelling and cutting him off. I explained that everyone needs to be able to speak and that we need to listen to everyone's story and then we can ask questions, and after they are done, we each can have a turn. I asked her how she felt if she wasn't allowed to tell her stories. She continued to act out, so she was told to sit elsewhere and think about her actions, take a deep breath, and when she felt better she could come back. Well, she returned crying, about 10 minutes later, with a note she had "written" to Kent to say she was sorry. She gave him her Sorry Letter and they hugged. She said she was sorry and that he should keep the sorry letter forever!
It was heartwarming. It also was so funny because I never asked her to write an apology letter before. We do send thank you notes, but I wonder how she thought of it. Anyway, later on that day, she brought a blank sheet of paper to Rick, with a pencil and asked him to write her a "happy" letter. It was so cute. He did it!

2 Comments:

Blogger amy@flexibledreams said...

I think that's the cutest thing I've read all week. You have a GREAT kid!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

SUPER cute picture! And cuter story! She's so fun. I love that she came up with it on her own!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home