Friday, August 29, 2008

We're Back!


Well, there is so much to write about. First of all,
Caroline caught the most horrific virus in August.
I do not wish this on my worst enemy. She caught
coxsackie disease. She did not eat, drink or sleep for 1 week.
We had to keep taking her back to the doctor to make sure
she was not dehydrated. Her mouth was full of blisters and
all she did was cry oww oww Mommie. I had to hold her all day
and night and walk around the house with her. We all cried,
it hurt us so much to see her in such pain and so lethargic.
She lost 2 pounds but miraculously none of her friends caught
it and she and we survived. When she finally felt better she
acutally sang a song titled "No more owies, no more boo boo's".
It was really cute.
So, to celebrate the end of the illness, we went to the ocean.









Caroline loved the beach. She built and knocked down sand castles,
danced and posed in the sand, and flew a kite with Daddy. We collected
seashells and every morning went for a bike ride down the boardwalk.

In other news, Caroline has been fully potty trained, including through
the night since July. She was an amazingly easy child to train. She did it
all by herself. Greg is so spoiled, I wonder if he realizes how lucky he is.
Kent was so hard to train. He fought it the whole way. The boys are back
in school, Kent was so psyched this year. He claims this is his year! He is a
junior in high school. Rick is a Sophmore at UMBC and has really interesting
classes with wonderful professors. Every day when they leave for school,
Caroline gets her pink notebook and wants to go to school also.
She is majoring in stick figures 101 and writing 1's and 0's!
She has been to her first Ravens game, complete in her cheerleading
dress, the real cheerleaders loved her. She went to several Orioles game
and is the Birds best friend.
Greg and I just returned from a whirlwind weekend in Napa Valley, CA.
We went to a Keith Urban concert in Kelseyville, CA.



14th Row seats



Then we spent the next day wine tasting!


We had a great time, exhausting, but Caroline did great with my
Mom and Greg's Mom. Then on Tues, we celebrated
Greg's Dad's birthday and on Wednesday my Dad came to visit
for the day. 4 sets of Grandparents in 6 days.
It is so wonderful to see how much she loves
them and how she knows who's parent they are.

Well, that is it for now. I can't believe the summer is over. Time goes so quickly.

4 Comments:

Blogger amy@flexibledreams said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about Caroline being sick. Glad to hear she's better and your summer is going well :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Your summer sounds great! Except for the awful virus-I'm so glad you all made it through! I'm also excited to hear that you're a country music fan! They're hard to find in Maryland :-) Hope to see you soon!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Napa Valley? I used to live near there! Right over the hill! Glad you had some much needed time away with your hubby and that Caroline did well while you were gone. So sorry about her getting sick. Glad she's better now and back to her old self! She is just gorgeous!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

I'm so glad you're all doing well now! What an awful virus!

And congratulations on the potty training! Isn't it awesome? I had very little to do with Lexi's training either. I'm a little scared for the next one, because they can't all be that easy.

We miss you guys! Email me if you have a free day!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home