Thursday, January 01, 2009

3 year check up stats and more

Caroline is now 39 inches tall, I was probably that tall in 1st grade. She weighs 34 lbs. Holding steady in the 75 - 90 percentile. She loves her pediatrician. "Hello Doc- or May she says to him. She diligently follows his directions. She takes her check up very seriously. She talks about him for days after.
Today, trying to put Caroline down for a nap, she tells me she is not sleepy. She says
"My arms- not sleepy
My legs- not sleepy
My head- not sleepy
My nose- not sleepy
My hair- not sleepy
My fingers- not sleepy
My cheeks- not sleepy
My eyes are open- not sleepy"
She went on and on pointing to every part of her body.
Ok, I get it, your whole being is not sleepy. I, I say, am exhausted! At least she knows her body parts!

Conversation with Rick-
Caroline-Rick-y, you like blueberry muffins?
Uh-uh- mumbles Rick.
Caroline-Rick-y, use words, Yes or No you like big muffins?
Rick- uh uh.
Caroline- Rick-y, talk to me, Yes or No?
Rick- now hysterical No. Caroline I do not!
Caroline- Good job Rick-y!

She cracks me up.

2 Comments:

Blogger amy@flexibledreams said...

I LOVE how they use our words back at us (or at others). I wonder how many times I've said, "Use words!" to Christopher and he says it to Hannah all the time :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

she's so fun!! and I cracked up on the line about you being as tall as she is now in 1st grade. I relate. :)

I love the things they come up with :)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home